The Thompson Okanagan Tourism Association underwent changes in 2009, when it moved from a membership-based organization to a stakeholder model.
The New Model
The intent of the Stakeholder Model is for Thompson Okanagan Tourism (TOTA) to embrace all tourism industry participants in the region by considering them as stakeholders, without a requirement to pay membership fees. By removing the fee structure the association will accomplish two significant goals:
- TOTA is able to fully represent the breadth of tourism product available in the region to the consumer, and
- Participation in the Tourism BC Tourism Partners programs is open to all eligible tourism businesses within the region.
Benefits of Stakeholder Model
- Greater opportunity to build more diverse and dynamic marketing initiatives.
- Optimized relationships with all association groups.Stronger voice with a greater stakeholder base.
- More opportunity to share resources and capitalize on the strength of the entire industry.
- Broader and more diverse range of tourism product to offer the consumer
- Increased stakeholder base, resulting in greater participation in marketing initiatives and consequently more frequency and a greater impact in the marketplace.
- More partnership opportunities with Tourism Associations, Industry Associations and Chambers of Commerce, etc.
- Increased flexibility when working with the media and travel trade.Greater revenue generating opportunities.
TOTA now represents over 3,200 stakeholders in the region, located in 90 communities and hamlets. You are encouraged to register with us online by visiting the following link: Stakeholder Registration. Benefits for registering include receiving direct communication with TOTA on our activities, our marketing opportunities, and our industry resources.